Friday 4 April 2014

A Year Ago...

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim...

Alhamdulillah, today is the 4th of April, so in 6 days more it will be enough of 2 months I've been in this university. I'm so grateful that Allah had ease my way to enter university life after the SPM result came out. And I hope that all of my friends out there will have an easy way to further their study too, Insya-Allah..

So, what will this post talk about? A year ago? What had happened a year ago?
Yeah, during this week, the first week of April, but in 2013, there's something happened during that week which I could still clearly remember until now, even though it has been a year ago. Seriously, I can't believe myself that it has been a year passed because all of the memories I had in my previous school were felt like just a few days ago it happened.

          Actually, the thing that I want to share today was not the kind of important story or something. It just part of my memory that I couldn’t forget. Haha.. I don’t know the exact date of it but I just can recall that it happened right after 30th of March, which was around the first week of April.

          Right after the school holiday was over, and I need to go back to Langkawi, I realised that my left eye was red. I told my mother and she was afraid that I might have conjunctivitis. Unfortunately, I had already bought the ferry ticket and all that I can do is just hoping that the redness of my left eye would fade. However, that night, which is Sunday night, my left eye was still red. The same condition happened the next day, until, on the Monday night, where I supposed to have discussion with my Biology group members during the Program Gemilang (PG) session, I refused to join them as my left eye started to feel itchy. So, I sat in the BWP’s room, studying Biology by myself, accompanied by the Account students who were busy finishing their assignment. After the PG session, I was so hungry but I was embarrassed to go to the Dining Hall (DS), so I asked my classmate to buy a lot of breads for me from the college shop. Meanwhile, I hid behind the cement wall. (=.=)”

          So, the next day, I decided to go to the clinic. When I was waiting for my name to be called by the nurse, I saw an English couple came to the clinic. I was wondering what made them came to the clinic, and out of the blue, I saw that English man’s eye was red too! XD I laughed in my heart and said, “at least I got a gang”. =p But poor that English man, I bet their vacation would not be an interesting one then. =(

          After came back from the clinic, I was asked to go back home as the hostel administrator wouldn’t allow any students having infectious diseases to stay at the sickbay. (T_T) I was sad, but, yay! No students wouldn’t be happy when they are allowed to go back home. ^^ So, before I went back home that evening, I was so hungry so I forced myself to go to the DS to eat, but I went there at almost 3 p.m, because I didn’t want any other students to see me. =p   

          Then, I was wondering, how I am going to get to the jetty by myself? I thought that I need to take the taxi, but luckily, I bump into my warden and she was willing to send me to the jetty. =) Along the way to buy the ferry ticket and to go inside the waiting room, I forced myself to look down only. I hold a handkerchief to cover my left eye, huhuhu.. (T_T) While I was waiting to board the ferry, suddenly my ears caught a very soothing song. There was a man, who was playing a guitar, sitting near me. He was playing a song that I’ve heard it before, but I just couldn’t remember the title. He played that song slowly, and when he sang the chorus, I got it that it was the ‘Hey There Delilah’ song. :D

Hey there Delilah
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girl tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me

Hey there Delilah
I know times are getting hard
But just believe me girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good

Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall
We'd have it all

Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
and we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah I can promise you
That by the time we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah
You be good and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history like I do
You know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This one’s for you

Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me.


So now, whenever I heard that song, it would always remind me of that memory. Besides, I love the lyrics! Felt meaningful to me. <3

Well, I need to take a week leave from school to fully recover. =) hehehe..
The End.

p/s : There are a lot of other songs which contain my memories in it. If I have more other leisure times, I’ll share it here… ^^

No comments: