Tuesday 24 December 2013

Interview...

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim...

Today I just wanna share about my experience in interview. Last week I had an interview for a scholarship.. The simplest word that I can say about the interview was 'unexpected'.. The session was held ONLY in groups.. An issue was given, and we need to discuss it in group, and of course fully in English.. A group consist of 5 people, and my teammates were all from different colleges. We've an issue titled 'Economy Downturn, And How To Reduce University Expenditure'. There're 3 options given, which were Students, Management Board, and Professor points.. I said that the interview was unexpected because first, my preferred course was not offered, which is pharmacy..and I am seriously in dilemma on what else to choose since I dislike engineering..(or specifically I dislike Physics.. =p), and next, we were not allowed to bring along our certificates file.. Then, there were no individual session where like common interviews, we need to brief about ourselves.. None. 

And as for me, I did my best, even though I know my chance to get the scholarships was not quite bright since the pharmacy course was not offered.. I just do the best because I wanna test myself, and I wanna get the experience of real interview.. Alhamdulillah.I succeed to get what I want in that interview..and I am happy that I can share it with my friends.. But...one thing that I'm quite disappointed is about the selection system. Some of my friends did not know about that interview cause they didn't receive any calls, but their names were listed. Next, the selection process was mainly based on the cgpa, which is 3.85 above.. I was not agree with it cause the cgpa system in each college was not the same.. There were some colleges which are lenient in giving marks to the students in exams, so, automatically their cgpa is high.. As in my college, I believe there are many of my friends who actually deserve to get high cgpa, and they are qualified to be in that interview because of their great leadership and communicating skills.. I can see that majority of the students present in that interview were majority of the 'bookworm' type.. (including me I guess). *Sigh*

Oh yeah, I heard one of the officers involve in that interview said that the interview was held to choose students who are MATURED and will not face any problems such as CULTURE SHOCK when they are send to overseas.. Now I get it about why do we need to fill in our Pendidikan Islam's mark in a form given..
I agree with that. Yeah, in the end, I get it... Why was the interview held just only in grouping? Because they already know that students present in that interview were all having good academic background. What do they need to see was our thinking level, leadership and cooperative skills, and how do we behave in a critical situation. And of course, our speaking skill, which I was not really good at. =(  

So..I guess that's all for tonight.. 
Still wanna thanks a friend of mine for supporting me to write. =)



No comments: